Lua for MUD development was Re: [vworld-tech] Modern MUD server design

comrade at obverse.com.au comrade at obverse.com.au
Tue Apr 26 23:43:17 PDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 11:51:53PM -0400, Brian Hook wrote:

> I would really, really like to use Pike or Obj-C, but their Windows
> support is crappy at best.

I think the Objective-C situation on Windows is significantly better
than a couple of years ago, especially if you "just" want a NeXT
FoundationKit equivalent with all the Smalltalk-like utility classes
to begin actually doing real work on data and connectivity (there's
also AppKit gui stuff, but it's not nearly as mature and probably not so
interesting for your project).

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/sources.html#windows

A number of people have non-trivial critical apps running on Win32. It
is wrapped in mingw, so you get a GNU posix environment for free too.

Peter