[vworld-tech] Verb/action handling

Brian Hook hook_l at pyrogon.com
Sat Jan 24 14:47:50 PST 2004

I'm trying to come up with a scheme that handles verbs uniformly that
isn't a kludge or incredibly slow or error prone.

Right now I'm leaning towards an event-handling/listener-registration
model, where there are preset handlers that can be registered.  The
ROOM database table would list the name of appropriate scripts to
execute under certain conditions.

This is relatively efficient (compared to, say, dispatching to
everything in the world on all events), but still doesn't strike me as
elegant or ideal.

Any suggestions for a better mechanism?

Brian