[vworld-tech] Some resources for MMOG server development

Megan Fox shalinor at circustent.us
Sun Jan 18 09:14:37 PST 2004

I asked you myself about your reasoning for TCP vs. UDP (and the explanation
you gave was over my head, but perfectly reasonable), but the reasoning
isn't particularly obvious when one is just reading the paper.  It could be
solved by just adding those 3 or so sentences of vague "it's affected by
this, and this, and this, and lots of other stuff I can't explain easily"
you gave me, possibly with a few links explaining each of the terms used.

... but aside from that one thing, I thought the doc was great from the
perspective of a neophyte as a net code introduction.

-Megan Fox