[vworld-tech] Re: Database usage

Brian Hook hook_l at pyrogon.com
Sat Feb 14 10:59:08 PST 2004

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 12:49:08 -0600, Bruce Mitchener wrote:

> No, at work, we use non-blocking DB access and our code is written
> manually in continuation-passing style.

What DB package?  With PostgreSQL you can't "tag" your queries (at
least from what I'm reading), so query results happen in order and
it's up to you to keep track of the order of operations and bind the
results back.

This impacts the low level game object architecture pretty
significantly since I wasn't going to bother with coroutines and now
it looks like that may be unavoidable.

Brian