[vworld-tech] VWorld Axioms

Megan Fox shalinor at circustent.us
Tue Apr 13 09:46:21 PDT 2004

> >What are the axioms of virtual worlds?
> >

> I think Jim was referring to the axioms from a technical pov, which in
> my opinion, is a perfectly good use of this list

The listed example concepts weren't technical at all, though - they were
basic, whimsical prattling.  If you're going to get technical, that'd be
nice, but I tend to agree that SNR is going to get worse if we start
discussing how a virtual world must involve "non-player characters doing
undefined stuff" or "quests" and similar.

On the other hand, discussing workable algorithms for simulating what said
NPCs are doing with other NPCs, and how to make said AI scale to the size of
an MMORPG - that would be useful and technical.

-Megan Fox