[vworld-tech] Big Tin?

Brian Crowder crowder at fiverocks.com
Mon Apr 5 16:26:57 PDT 2004

heh, for Sun's sake, I hope so.  :)  I definitely think the PC
architectures are catching up.  Whether the card manufacturers are
keeping pace, or the operating systems are taking advantage of different
I/O models, I'm not certain.  Regardless, I would imagine Sun and IBM
aren't simply filing their nails and bragging to one another about how
fantastic their FSB architectures are while the PC mobo and chip
manufacturers trounce them.  ;)

All that said, this is another excellent argument for smaller hardware:
  When the little guys -do- catch up (or outpace the big guys), it'll
hurt a LOT less to upgrade.

-- Brian Crowder