[vworld-tech] Ultimate MMO Platform

Bruce Mitchener bruce at cubik.org
Fri Apr 2 00:52:11 PST 2004

Hi Crosbie,

Crosbie Fitch wrote:
> NB Sorry for CC'ing this to you directly, but 3 of my posts to vworld
> have not appeared after 48 hours. I'm still sending this to vworld
> again anyway, so if it doesn't appear there, we'll know that either
> the moderator hates me, or somehow I'm matching a spam filter. :-\

It may be the case that you're matching a spam filter of some sort.
Feel free to drop me a line off-list.

I don't moderate the list at all as it hasn't yet been demonstrated that
I need to, and I prefer the more rapid exchange of email.

> Even this crude sketch is probably far too ambitious. So, one day I
> tried to figure out what one could do with barely no programming.
> Simply bung Quake files into Gnutella and hook up Quake to it. You
> gotta start somewhere.

> It just needs the right person(s) to be in the right place at the
> right time and have the right resources.

Have you seen Den?

     http://den.cubik.org/

(I provide hosting for it, it isn't my project, although it is one that
I'm interested in seeing do well.)

Den isn't at all 'what one could do with barely no programming' .. and
it is quite complex a design task, but it shows signs of promise and has
a bright author working on it and producing running and working code.

  - Bruce