[ENet-discuss] (Plain-text) Rationale of ENET_PACKET_FLAG_UNRELIABLE_FRAGMENT?

Lee Salzman lsalzman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 20:35:52 UTC 2024

The incidence of packets being dropped or malordered skyrockets once
packets start to fragment. It becomes the other way that the moment you
fragment your packets just stop getting through in a useful fashion. So for
better or worse I made the decision that packets by default force
reliability once they fragment to combat this. This was much later allowed
to be overridden by the unreliable fragment flag. Love it or hate it, this
is how the library behaves and the knobs now exist for you to change it
with flags. I have no plans to change it, sorry