[ENet-discuss] Identifying clients

Ruud van Gaal ruud at racer.nl
Sat Mar 3 08:53:42 UTC 2018

Hi,

That is correct, it's on the client side. Let me answer this a little less
quickly: in my client class I have:

if(event.type==ENET_EVENT_TYPE_CONNECT)
        // Get a client ID from ENet internals
        id=event.peer->outgoingPeerID+QNServer::BASE_ID;

(I actually use an offset to avoid using the 'id' as an offset in array;
they should be id's, not indices if you get a little more complex)

In the server class indeed I use 'incomingPeerID' to store information
about the client:

if(event.type==ENET_EVENT_TYPE_CONNECT)
      // Add client to this server
      Client *c=&client[clients-1];
      c->id=event.peer->incomingPeerID+QNServer::BASE_ID;

Cheers,
Ruud