[ENet-discuss] Outgoing timeout in enet_protocol_check_timeouts()

Lee Salzman lsalzman at gmail.com
Tue May 13 01:08:51 PDT 2014

The exponential backoff is there on purpose, to not just keep overloading a
connection that may already be overloaded, and is designed to mimic TCP. I
am still not entirely convinced that this is the issue in the main written
about here, and even if I were to migrate away from exponential backoff, I
would not go straight to no increasing backoffs, but rather split the
difference somehow.

So, yeah, I am not a fan of pull requests because they assume I will just
take everything as is...