[ENet-discuss] Connect event doesn't fire

Laftur Jeremy laftur.jeremy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 20:51:43 PST 2014

I'm new to ENet, and I'm excited to use it in my projects. I made
simple server and client programs to test it out and to make sure I
understood how to use it.

You may follow this link to view my server code:

http://dpaste.com/2JW0DYE.txt

... And the client code is here:

http://dpaste.com/1CKC6DC.txt

The client program appears to function as expected, but the server
program isn't firing the connect event for some reason. After combing
the documentation and tutorials for more time than I'd care to admit,
I finally decided to try to send a packet from the client to see if
that did anything.

It turns out that the server program waits to fire the connect event
until the client actually sends a packet over the new connection. You
may observe this behavior by uncommenting the indicated lines in the
client program source.

I would first like to know if my example programs exhibit the same
behavior for anyone else. If so, I would like to know if the behavior
is intended, and if so, I would like to know the reason for that, and
I would suggest that the documentation provide some advice on this, as
it has confused me greatly. Thanks so much for any help anyone can
provide. You're the gold of the Internet just for being available to
help.