[ENet-discuss] Enet bandwidth lowers with increased ping

Black Moon black_moons at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 25 00:25:00 PDT 2014

Hi, I am experiencing enets bandwidth is dropping to about 30kbyte/s when the ping is in the 120ms range. At 200mS its down to about 15~20kbyte/s.

this is being experienced both on local network loop back connections using Clumsy to simulate lag and when connecting to other computers over the internet with pings in that range that have 100kbyte/s upload or better (And have achieved that using simple file transfers over chat software between the two computers)

What can I do to increase enets max bandwidth in those situations? I need to transfer about 80kbyte/s min during map load. All packets being sent are reliable packets, both enet hosts bandwidth is set to 10mbyte and I have seen up to 2mbyte transfer speed with local host connections with no lag.