[ENet-discuss] ENET_PROTOCOL_MAXIMUM_PEER_ID

Soren Dreijer dreijer at echobit.net
Sat Aug 2 11:09:54 PDT 2014

Hi fellas,

I've once again hit the upper limit for peers on my Enet server, which is
hardcoded to 0xFFF. I dug up some old posts that suggested this value
cannot be changed.

Is this still true in the latest version of Enet? As far as I can tell,
ENetProtocolHeader uses a 16-bit value for the peer ID, which means
ENET_PROTOCOL_MAXIMUM_PEER_ID could be set to 0xFFFF.

Are there other reasons why the maximum limit is set to 0xFFF that I should
be aware of?

Thanks,
Soren