[ENet-discuss] connect timeout

Krasimir Marinov krasi at jklsemi.com
Thu Oct 24 14:09:56 PDT 2013

Hi,

First thanks for the nice library!

I’ve a question related to tweaking the timeout on connect.

I'd like the connection attempt to timeout, i.e. get DISCONNECT event, asap in the case of the "server" is missing, i.e. the peer host is not available.

I've played with enet_peer_timeout(), setting different values on the peer returned from enet_host_connect() call, but this is w/o any effect - I get the DISCONNECT event after 60 seconds, no matter what values I pass to enet_peer_timeout().

Do I miss something? Is this the correct way to tweak the connect timeout?