[ENet-discuss] Connecting to self

Krasimir Marinov krasi at jklsemi.com
Wed Nov 6 05:37:17 PST 2013

Hi,

I’ve been trying to connect to the host:port that my ENetHost is bound to,
i.e. connect and send to myself.
Unfortunately this almost immediately results in event DISCONNECT.

Looking at the archives I found the same problem raised 9 years ago (see
below).

Any reason for this behaviour?

Regards,
Krasimir

[ENet-discuss] Connecting to self.*Adam D. Moss* adam at gimp.org
<enet-discuss%40cubik.org?Subject=%5BENet-discuss%5D%20Connecting%20to%20self.&In-Reply-To=>
*Wed Dec 1 08:44:30 PST 2004*

self.<http://lists.cubik.org/pipermail/enet-discuss/2004-December/000312.html>
]<http://lists.cubik.org/pipermail/enet-discuss/2004-December/date.html#311>
    [ thread ]<http://lists.cubik.org/pipermail/enet-discuss/2004-December/thread.html#311>
    [ subject ]<http://lists.cubik.org/pipermail/enet-discuss/2004-December/subject.html#311>
    [ author ]<http://lists.cubik.org/pipermail/enet-discuss/2004-December/author.html#311>

------------------------------

Hi!
I have a funny problem.  My app listens on a port and then attempts
to connect to itself (for testing purposes, for now).  But this
merely eventually causes a DISCONNECT (presumably time-out) event,
with no CONNECT.

However, if I launch a second process and do the connect from
there, the connection is fine.

Am I being stupid for attempting to have a process be a client
of its own server, or is there some unexpected strangeness which
prevents an ENet server from being its own client?

Thanks,
--Adam