[ENet-discuss] ENet 2.0 most wanted features?

progmars progmars at gmail.com
Wed May 1 04:19:01 PDT 2013

I would like Enet to focus on extensibility and versatility.

Obviously, many of the requested features (streaming, NAT punchthrough,
packet loss and network lag simulation) do not belong to the Enet core,
but instead we could ask the question: does Enet provide everything to
implement all of those features in a clean way? If not, then Enet should
be modified to provide more extension points and necessary
infrastructure to support most of the typical usage scenarios mentioned
in this thread.

It would also be nice to have a repository or a Wiki with "official"
approved Enet extensions (and glue code for integration with other
popular 3rd party libraries) for doing typical things the right way, so
"Enet newbies" (like me) could avoid hacky, quick&dirty solutions and
instead go for stable and well tested extensions.

Martin Sall