[ENet-discuss] Building for both x86 and 64 at the same time?

Brian Handy blinkstale at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 18:22:26 PDT 2013

Hello all,

I have recently started using Enet on Mac with XCode, and I am hoping there
is a way to build enet for both 32bit and 64bit on the same machine.

XCode (conveniently) likes to build for all architectures, but when I built
enet 1.3.7 (./config && make && make install, possibly with some sudos in
there) then it appeared to have only built for 64 bit. XCode reported that
enet had "Undefined symbols for architecture i386". There was one other
warning relating to this, "ignoring file /usr/local/lib/libenet.dylib, file
was built for unsupported file format ( 0xcf 0xfa 0xed 0xfe 0x 7 0x 0 0x 0
0x 1 0x 3 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 0x 6 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 ) which is not the
architecture being linked (i386): /usr/local/lib/libenet.dylib"

So, is there a way to do this with enet on a 64bit computer, or do I need
to go find and build this on a 32bit machine? On StackOverflow, it sounded
like doing config CFLAGS="-m32" CXXFLAGS="-m32" would work, but I have had
no luck with that.

Many thanks!
Brian