[ENet-discuss] enet 1.3.6 dll for .net

Syed Setia Pernama syedhs at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 05:50:22 PST 2013

Here is the thread:
http://lists.cubik.org/pipermail/enet-discuss/2012-May/thread.html#1888
And then answer (a bit hack):-
http://lists.cubik.org/pipermail/enet-discuss/2012-May/001887.html

________________________________
 From: Benoit Germain <bnt.germain at gmail.com>
To: Discussion of the ENet library <enet-discuss at cubik.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:19 PM
Subject: Re: [ENet-discuss] enet 1.3.6 dll for .net

2013/2/26 James Bellinger <james at illusorystudios.com>

With either referenceCount or freeCallback, how are you differentiating disconnection from acknowledge?
>For example, enet_peer_disconnect (Peer.Disconnect) calls enet_peer_reset_queues.

I don't. It happens that I haven't encountered a situation where I care though, so I didn't think about it :-).

>As a general thought:
>
>I wonder if it'd be useful to have a 'delivered count' on the packet itself.
>
>What is the specific use both of you get from knowing if a packet has been delivered though?

I've not needed it myself, since if it's delivered, the protocol continues, and if it's not delivered, well,
>reliable delivery will eventually either deliver it or the remote party will disconnect, so I don't have
>to pay attention to this.

I have a toy chat application where I can send data to several recipients. I use it to log the fact that all recipients did receive the text I sent. Nothing critical.

Benoit:

>I don't see ENet setting the packet freeCallback anywhere. I believe it's unrelated to the malloc/free.

Yes you are right, I didn't check the code. Well then it means I can change my binding to use this instead of maintaining a list of packets for acknowledgment notification. (this packet callback didn't exist when I implemented this feature).

--
Benoit.