[ENet-discuss] Reducing traffic from ENet internally on mobile devices

Stefan Lundmark stefanlun at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 20 05:30:13 PDT 2013

Hi,

I've been using ENet on Android for a while now and it works great, thanks!

However, it wakes up the network device very often (every ~0.5 secs) and
thus consumes a lot of battery. I figured this must be caused by the
pings so I changed these to be sent much more rarely.
I placed a breakpoint in the ping functions and it seems to work,
they're called much less. Unfortunatly the device still wakes up as
often as before, enet_peer_queue_incoming_command() is called each time
so there must be something I'm missing, maybe some internal protocol
stuff I don't understand yet.

Any tips? I can't figure it out.

Sincerely,
Stefan Lundmark