[ENet-discuss] Is the builtin range coder enabled by default?

蔡火胜 caihuosheng at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 10:40:33 PDT 2012

I have a C/S system that functions well.I mean the client and server
send and reply messages correctly.
Just now ,I tried to "enable" the range coder in enet 1.3.5 in order to
make the physical packets shorter. I called the function
enet_host_compress_with_range_coder on the ENetHost instance of my
server. And then I found my client and server don't communicate
correctly any more.The server just didn't receive any message from the
client.Then I remove the new code , and they function well again.I made
the tests on my localhost so that should not be a network problem.

What's wrong ? What is the function for ? Is the builtin range coder
enabled by default? What do I need to do in order to utilize the range
coder?

--
- no title specified

蔡火胜