[ENet-discuss] sendmsg returns EINVAL?

Doug Warren dwarren at thebigwave.net
Thu Nov 15 16:28:01 PST 2012

Hi,

I'm having a problem with an enet instance in production.  On
occasion, enet_host_service will return an error with:
Error sending outgoing packets: Invalid argument
being printed in the error log.

I believe that happens when sendmsg either has more than ssize_t worth of
data or when any value of the data chunks is <0.  Has anyone seen this
before?  We're currently on 1.3.3 but looking at the diffs on github I
didn't see anything that's changed since that seems likely to be related.

At the moment we close down the host on any error in enet_host_service, but
I'd like to in this case just disconnect the peer that generated the error.
 Is the peer in which we tried to communicate with going to be returned in
the event in this case?  Or will the event still be NULL?

Thanks,
-Doug