[ENet-discuss] Optimizing ENet Protocol ?

Emmanuel Rivoire manu.n02 at laposte.net
Thu May 24 03:57:32 PDT 2012

Hello Stefan,

1) maybe peerID could be used for anti packet spoofing, but as it's
none essential, it'd be better to have it optionally there

2) dataLength can likely be set by the decompressor, it must know how
much data it expanded ! ;-)

3) I rechecked and reliableSequenceNumber is actually set in
enet_peer_setup_outgoing_command , I had found 1st a
"reliableSequenceNumber = 0" but it wasn't the correct one...
:-S   But I checked the reception code and couldn't figure out where
the reliableSequenceNumber was used for unsequenced messages ; it may
be easier to follow in the debugger once I'll have something running