[ENet-discuss] Limiting bandwidth per ENetPeer

Soren Dreijer dreijer at echobit.net
Tue May 8 14:29:33 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm using enet to communicate with my server. I'd like to throttle certain
ENetPeers based on who they are (i.e. I essentially want to prioritize some
peers over others). I've been looking at using enet_host_bandwidth_limit()
for that, but it looks like that sets the bandwidth limits on the entire
ENetHost rather than individual ENetPeers.

Does anybody know if:

 1. Setting the bandwidth limit to e.g. 5 KB/s on the ENetHost means that
each ENetPeer gets 5 KB/s or if all ENetPeers on that host now share the 5
KB/s
 2. If there's a way to control individual bandwidth limits per ENetPeer

Cheers,
Soren