[ENet-discuss] How to use enet in unity3D? (???)

Emil Salling emils at me.com
Wed Jun 13 15:06:13 PDT 2012

Hi Kevin,

To do so you will have to do a c/c++ plugin to unity. This require the Unity3D pro version.
The best way to connect the c/c++ side to mono(c#) side is to hook up C# delegates which you pass to the c/c++ side. They will basically end up as function pointers on the c++ side (I can send you code samples offlist if you need them). Doing this you will have a good way to pass data from the c++ side up to your client. The other way around (ie C# -> C) is trivial to fix.

However, I have only done this on the desktop. I'm a little bit unsure if c plugins to unity is supported on ios (since ios dont allow dynamic libs)? (dont know if android have any such restrictions).

Anyhow this works great for me ;-)

best regards
/Emil