[ENet-discuss] ENet 1.3.4

Lee Salzman lsalzman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 19:46:31 PDT 2012

So, I pushed out a new ENet release a couple of days ago with some minor
changes that had been languishing in source control for a while.

The main attractions are essentially:

enet_peer_ping_interval() and enet_peer_timeout() that let you configure
ping intervals and timeouts on a per-peer basis. However, as a result of
this, there were some extra fields added to the ENetPeer structure, so if
you were doing anything that depended on the size/layout of the ENetPeer
structure (even just accessing members of the peers array via an index),
then you will need to recompile.

Included enet.lib and enet64.lib static libraries compiled with 32 bit and
64 bit MinGW, respectively. Hopefully these libs should work just fine in
Visual Studio, though I haven't had much of a chance to test how the 64 bit
lib will work out, however. In any case, it's just an experiment to see if
I want to keep doing this for future releases and to help people out who
don't want to be bothered with compiling it, since I know people on Windows
seem to have occasional troubles with this.

I've moved the source code over to a github repository instead of the old
and slow CVS repository, which should make it easier to track development:
https://github.com/lsalzman/enet

Otherwise there were just some little correctness checks added here and
there in some protocol handlers, but the protocol itself remains unchanged
and compatible as always.

Download link is: http://enet.bespin.org/download/enet-1.3.4.tar.gz