[ENet-discuss] ENet bandwidth problems

Dennis Schridde devurandom at gmx.net
Tue Aug 28 14:19:22 PDT 2012

Hi Pablo!

Am Dienstag, 28. August 2012, 23:01:00 schrieb Pablo de Heras Ciechomski:
> Made the packets into less than 1400 bytes and now it's faster. I guess it
> has to do with fragmentation.
My Gbit Ethernet interface has a MTU of 1500 bytes set (output of "ip link" on
Linux / iproute2). Maybe something along the path you are using has a lower
MTU?

Did you check the CPU utilisation on both ends? I remember us having problems
at our institute with a slow machine doing the firewall beetween Gbit Ethernet
interfaces, so I guess that could also be the reason for low transfer rates at
your site.

Regards,
Dennis