[ENet-discuss] Unreliable Delivery for Large Messages

Alexander Dolgansky alexd221 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 12:59:06 PDT 2011

Hello.

I would like to find out if the following is possible with ENet and
how much effort would be necessary to add this behaviour to it.

In my project, I need to send some messages unreliably regardless of
their size. At the moment, ENet seems to send message unreliably
if they are smaller than ~MTU size (I am using the
ENET_PACKET_FLAG_UNSEQUENCED packet to achieve unreliability).

However, if a message is larger than MTU size (so fragmentation is now
necessary), that message will be sent out reliably rather than
unreliably because each fragment is set up to require an
acknowledgement from the receiving side.

I see the logic behind this design, but is there any way to disable
this behaviour?

Thanks.

Alexander.