[ENet-discuss] License question

Philip Bennefall philip at blastbay.com
Fri Mar 25 10:21:45 PDT 2011

Hi Lee,

I just had a quick question for you regarding the ENet license, to make sure I am doing things correctly. With the following statement:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

Do you refer to the source code, or must binary applications that use ENet include the license? Currently I have a statement like this in my documentation (including a link to the website):

The ENet Project
ENet is a rock solid layer on top of the UDP protocol, optimized especially for high-speed games. This is what BGT uses to provide its networking capabilities.

Is this acceptable? Or am I required to add the full legal text? I much prefer the above notice to the complete license.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall