[ENet-discuss] enet_peer_disconnect and ENET_EVENT_TYPE_DISCONNECT

Benoit Germain bnt.germain at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 07:32:10 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have an ENet 1.3.2 application that can run in two modes: master and
slave.The slave contains a "client" host that connects to a "server"
host in the master.
The master instance runs the "server" host, but also contains a
"client" host like a regular slave.
When a slave terminates, it disconnects its only peer with
enet_peer_disconnect() and waits a little bit for the disconnection to
be effective.
When the master terminates, the "server" host loops over all connected
peers, and calls enet_peer_disconnect() on them. Then it waits for a
little while for disconnections to be effective before terminating.

It happens that I have noticed something strange:

My the "client" host in the master instance would not receive the
disconnect event!

I have fixed this by removing the slave's peer disconnect request when
the application also contains a "server" host.

Anyway, it would seem that if for some reason two connected hosts
disconnect the peer connecting them together, the one that initiated
the connection to begin with won't get the disconnect event.

Regards,

--
Benoit.