[ENet-discuss] hibernating and ENET_DISCONNECT_EVENT with ENet 1.3.2

Benoit Germain bnt.germain at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 02:18:50 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have an application where hosts on user's PCs (the clients)
automatically connect to a host on mine (the server).
Each client host only has a single peer, and can therefore only
connect once with the server.
I track connections by manually updating a peer IP list on CONNECT and
DISCONNECT events.
At the end of a hard day's work, my PC goes hibernating, as well as
some users'. Come morning, the PCs are woken up.
At that point, my server displays a list of connected peers where
there are duplicates.
When inspecting the server's host contents, I see that I have less
connected peers than my list shows.
It looks as if a peer can become disconnected without emitting the
corresponding event.

Since I am only calling enet_host_service(), how is this ever possible?

Regards,

--
Benoit.