[ENet-discuss] Anyone know what happened to JEnet (java port)?

Robby Zinchak sim9ht at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 19:36:35 PDT 2011

I have a game with a c++ server and java client, currently using TCP for
communication.  I am wanting to switch over to using UDP to improve
performance as most of my packets do not need to be reliable or ordered.

Rather than reinvent the wheel, I found ENet, which looks like a great fit.
I see there used to be a java port available at
https://jenet.dev.java.net/(now 404'ed).  A couple questions around
JEnet:

1.  Does anyone know why the project disappeared?
2.  Does anyone have the final sources of the project available and could
share?
3.  Does anyone know if the project was stable, and compatible with the
latest versions of ENet?
4.  Does anyone know if the project was under a liberal / BSD-style license?

Unfortunately, I have not found any other libraries which do UDP across both
languages, so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Best regards,
Robby