[ENet-discuss] Announce: enet.js -- enet bindings for node.js

Casey Marshall casey.s.marshall at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 11:52:53 PDT 2011

 I wanted to announce that we've made our Node.js bindings to enet available as open source, under the MIT license.

The source repository is here: https://github.com/Memeo/enet-js

It's still somewhat "alpha" right now, but please let us know what you think.

Something of note in this library is that it doesn't exclusively use socket readability to call enet_host_service: it also sets up a repeating timer so it calls the service function, which was the point of my question to this list a month ago. Node generally uses socket readability events to drive activity (through, e.g., epoll), so this timer is kind of an "eyesore" here, and I'm wondering if it's really necessary.

Thanks!