[ENet-discuss] Safe to increase ENET_PEER_PING_INTERVAL?

Lee Salzman lsalzman1 at cox.net
Fri May 21 11:07:57 PDT 2010

The pinging I mostly put in to monitor the connection health from round
trip times. Normally, reliable packets are getting a round-trip
acknowledgement, which gets used to calculate the throttle. But if those
aren't sent for a while, then the ping is sent instead so that the
throttle can still keep up to date, and also to see if the connection is
still alive. If it helps with firewalls and other things, then that's an
unintended benefit.

Lee