[ENet-discuss] 1.2.2 and 1.3.0 *PRE*-release

Lee Salzman lsalzman1 at cox.net
Thu May 20 18:29:35 PDT 2010

Note that the checksum functionality was always there, but disabled
unless you explicitly enabled it in the configure script, so if you
never needed it before, chances are you probably don't need it still.
UDP is giving you an underlying 16 bit checksum, although it is not
particularly strong, which I have found good enough for Sauerbraten's
purposes. It depends on whether you want to lose the 4 bytes per packet
I just saved you. :)

But to enable checksums:
    host -> checksum = enet_crc32;

To enable compression:
    enet_host_compress_with_range_coder (host);

Lee