[ENet-discuss] File transfers w/ e-net

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Tue May 11 23:23:02 PDT 2010

Hi,

The project that I'm working on will require the ability to move files to/from
the client and server.

There seem to be two possible extremes here:

1.  I create one potentially large packet that contains ALL of the file's
content and send it over a reliable channel.  E-net would handle all of the
fragmentation and just "do the right thing" for me.  However, this would be a
tremendous memory hog.

2.  I keep a file handle open and send out a chunk of file each time through
the main loop.  Seems like this would make my code more complex.

Is there any example code or advice anyone would like to offer?

--

Take care and have fun,
Mike Diehl.