[ENet-discuss] A query about channels

Thorbjørn Lindeijer bjorn at lindeijer.nl
Mon Jan 18 00:30:07 PST 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 23:22, M. Rijks <enet at forge.dds.nl> wrote:
> Note to self: don't ask questions that can be researched. Turns out that
> structs cannot be iterated over, let alone determining the type of a field
> at such an index. Will take a little more effort to serialize structs, but I
> still think it's the preferred method.

Since it is indeed a little more work, there have also been solutions
developed for this already. Personally I think this library looks nice
for the purpose:

http://tpl.sourceforge.net/ (tpl)

But there are also:

http://www.enlightenment.org/p.php?p=about/efl/eet&l=en (Eet)
http://s11n.net/c11n/ (libc11n)

However I prefer doing it manually since, as somebody said before,
that makes it easier to remain backwards compatible and allows you to
vary the contents of a message more easily.

Regards,
Bjørn