[ENet-discuss] Increase timeout delay

Alexander Shyrokov sj at sjcomp.com
Fri Feb 19 11:26:44 PST 2010

> In enet.h, modify these:
>     ENET_PEER_TIMEOUT_MINIMUM              = 5000,
>     ENET_PEER_TIMEOUT_MAXIMUM              = 30000,
> to higher values.
Thanks, Ruud.

I am trying to understand what the difference between them is. From the
source code I understood that ENET_PEER_TIMEOUT_MAXIMUM is used to make
sure that if nothing was heard from the peer for that amount of time,
then the peer disconnected. ENET_PEER_TIMEOUT_MINIMUM is used with
roundTripTimeoutLimit. Does it mean, that this is the timeout for
waiting for an acknowledgment?

Benoit: that's a very good point.

Thanks, Alexander.