[ENet-discuss] little trouble with enet_address_set_host on Windows

Benoit Germain bgermain at ubisoft.fr
Tue Feb 16 08:40:20 PST 2010

The problem is that I do this from a application that I share. When run on my PC only, it hosts both a client and a server. When run on another PC, it only has a client that connects to the server run by my instance. Therefore the application has to namely specify the PC it connects to. And since I don't want to run a special version on my PC, I want the same code to work in both situations.

I just wanted to avoid a test where the instance running on my PC has to explicitly connect to localhost whereas other instances connect to a named host. That being said, causing the client to connect to "localhost" when the application hosts the server does fix the behaviour. But I don't like it.
I just feel that, as much as it is possible, ENet behaviour shouldn't be affected by an unrelated device I have plugged on the PC that happens to posture as a network interface with a fancy address.