[ENet-discuss] Packet throttling: it's the little things...

Jay Sprenkle jsprenkle at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 07:38:13 PST 2010

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Lee Salzman <lsalzman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Problem solved in one damned line of code. Oh, how blind I was. :( -> :)
>
> Thoughts?

Thanks for putting in the time to make enet better :)  I'll patch my code.

I realize it's a much larger change than one line but I'd really like to see
throttling adjustable on a per connection basis. That would provide a better
mechanism to react to denial of service attacks. I could at least attempt to
throttle back the offending connection with less affect on other
connections.

It may be a better solution to handle this in the network firewall code
instead of enet. If anyone has any feedback on this I'd love to receive it.

---
"The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small,
simple problems look like large, complex ones."