[ENet-discuss] Two back-to-back send calls not allowed?

Yaser Zhian y at yaserzt.com
Thu Aug 12 12:09:53 PDT 2010

On 8/12/2010 2:27, Richard Becker wrote:
> It shouldn't over write the first message that makes no sense. The
> function is an abstraction and I am passing it the data to send not an
> eNet packet itself. Inside of the function a new packet is created and
> the data for the packet is set. I have debugged and traced all the way
> into enet_peer_send (which gets called from broadcast). Everything seems
> to be making it. I still dont understand why the client never receives
> the first message though and only the second one. Does this have
> something to do with enet internal queue for sending messages? Thanks -
> Richard

Have you tried sending more than 2 packets in the same way? This might
shed some light on what the actual problem is. For example, if you send
10 packets and receive the last one, or receive all but the first, or
see that some packets are intermittently dropped, or whatever, you might
be able to make more educated guesses as to what the nature of the
problem really is.

-yzt

--
May the Source be with you.