[ENet-discuss] Reliable packets and data sending approaches

Nuno Silva little.coding.fox at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 15:27:10 PDT 2009

Regarding the first part, AFAIK, ENet sends, a sequence number, so a packet
with the same sequence number would be dropped once one of them has been
acknowledged by the peer. So there's no danger in sending the same packet
twice. Just remember, ENet does that for you.

Regarding the second part, you should use both event-based notifying and
unreliable player movement packets. You should receive and send packets only
a few times per second unless they're events though, like in the Source
Engine's networking, where they send packets 20 times per second regarding
user input. 20 times per second should be a good starting point for you to
experiment on.

Good luck,
Nuno Silva.