[ENet-discuss] Monitoring the progress of a large packet

sinoth sinoth at gmail.com
Mon May 11 21:02:11 PDT 2009

Heya all, have a question about large transfers.  My current app needs to
send a snapshot of data which is decently large (~1.5meg) when a client
connects, and I'm wondering if there is a good way to monitor the progress
of this transfer without manually splitting it up.  Currently I shove all
the data into one "packet", and let ENet handle splitting it up behind the
scenes.  However, using this method I can't find an easy way to ask ENet
what the current transfer progress is.  I'd like to display to the client a
% of transfer complete.

Can I somehow find out how much of a packet has been pushed out, or will I
need to manually split it into chunks so I can monitor progress?