[ENet-discuss] Building libenet as a Shared Object on x64 linux

Alex Milstead alex.milstead at gatech.edu
Sat Dec 19 10:37:30 PST 2009

Is there support for this, currently? I am working on a project that
eventually gets built as a shared object. On 32-bit linux compiles,
everything links up just fine (because 32-bit gcc doesn't complain about
linking static libs into a shared lib). On x64, though, I get nasty
error because the compiler is unhappy about trying to link a static
object into a shared one.

Is there a way to compile ENet as a shared object on linux so I can
avoid this linking issue?

Thanks in advance.
Alex