[ENet-discuss] Finding LAN server IP address

Peter Soxberger Peter.Soxberger at gmx.net
Fri Aug 14 04:35:21 PDT 2009

Yes this can be done easily with udp. Send a message to the ip 255.255.255.255 => the message will be sent to all hosts in the LAN. The server answers and now the client has the ip of the server.

You could also use the IP 255.255.255.255 as serverip when you connect the ENet client, then it will search for the server itself and you want need udp.

Best regards,
Petere

-------- Original-Nachricht --------