[ENet-discuss] a lot of packets => disconnect

Peter Soxberger Peter.Soxberger at gmx.net
Thu Aug 6 05:23:30 PDT 2009

enet_host_service() is called with a timeout of 2 milliseconds in a seperate thread. I also checked it with the debugger if it's still called.

Currently the problem appears like this: I have a Server and 2 clients. Client1 sends packets to the server which forwards the packates to client2. Client2 sends packets to the server which forwards them to client1. Every client has ~200 fps and they send a packet every frame.

The result is always a bit different. Normally ~30 seconds pass until suddenly one of the clients doesn't receive packets anymore although the server is still forwarding them. The same client that receives no packates anymore can still send packates to the server. After some time the same happens on the second client and then (not always) the disconnected event is called on the clients.

Any idea how I should continue testing or what could cause such a problem?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Peter

-------- Original-Nachricht --------