[ENet-discuss] Traffic monitoring

Peter Soxberger Peter.Soxberger at gmx.net
Wed Apr 22 08:36:01 PDT 2009

Hi!

I wanted to know what tools you are using for monitoring the current network traffic. What is the best tool for that and which values are really interesting (goodput or throughput?) in network programming for games?

I need a good freeware tool that shows me the sent/received data of the last second and not any smoothed or arithmetic mean values.

The current tool I'm using is the network traffic monitor developed by Zarko Gajic but it has problems counting the traffic of direct play connections and it seems like it smooths the measured values.

Any tips?