[ENet-discuss] Another few questions ^^

Peter Soxberger Peter.Soxberger at gmx.net
Wed Oct 29 07:38:36 PDT 2008

Hi!

I came about some new questions, reading through the documentation:

-I didn't understood how exactly sending a packet unreliable works? Which flags do I have to set if I want to send something unreliable but still want that my packets are splitted if I send large packets which would be blocked by the firewall?

-I read that big packets are split automaticaly. So if I send packets bigger  than 1024 Byte (would be blocked by some firewalls otherwise) are they  automatically splitted into several small packets? Which is max packetsize where packets don't get splitted?

-I want to create a "playername system" which keeps playernames actual on all PCs. Can I use the peer->data field for this? How is this handled? Is the data sent every time I send something (=> lots of traffic) or only if the data has changed?

-Why does enet_time_get don't return anything?

Thanks for your help!

Peter Soxberger
--
GMX Download-Spiele: Preizsturz! Alle Puzzle-Spiele Deluxe über 60% billiger.
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/download/puzzle/index.html