[ENet-discuss] 1.2 build problems in linux

Lee Salzman lsalzman1 at cox.net
Tue Oct 14 17:26:06 PDT 2008

There are a number of compiler definitions that must be set up on Linux,
FreeBSD,
Solaris, etc. This is normally handled by the configure script. You are
going to have
to take a look at the included configure.in and reproduce various
preprocessor
definitions as appropriate if you are going to use your own build system.

Lee

Andrew Fenn wrote:
> I am using cmake to build enet into my project.
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~hardwar/hardwar/trunk/files/26?file_id=trunk-20080128121747-hzzwhqny0rrrlrhe-1
>
> The enet specific code is here..
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~hardwar/hardwar/trunk/annotate/26?file_id=findenet.cmake-20080809160058-v3lolt4nm2ufvbmv-7
>
> Could it be that I am not setting up a compiler flag correctly or
> something? I am also having problems with this on windows too.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew
>
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 6:02 AM, Lee Salzman <lsalzman1 at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> It would appear you're either not using the right build system or somehow
>> using an incompatible implementation of make.
>>
>> Andrew Fenn wrote:
>>
>>> I am getting the following errors and I don't understand why. Any tips?
>>>
>>> Scanning dependencies of target Enet
>>> [  3%] Building C object CMakeFiles/Enet.dir/dependencies/enet/list.o
>>> [  6%] Building C object CMakeFiles/Enet.dir/dependencies/enet/unix.o
>>> /home/andrew/programming/hardwar/trunk/dependencies/enet/unix.c:34:
>>> error: conflicting types for 'socklen_t'
>>> /usr/include/bits/socket.h:37: error: previous declaration of
>>> 'socklen_t' was here
>>> /home/andrew/programming/hardwar/trunk/dependencies/enet/unix.c: In
>>> function 'enet_address_set_host':
>>> /home/andrew/programming/hardwar/trunk/dependencies/enet/unix.c:98:
>>> warning: implicit declaration of function 'inet_aton'
>>> /home/andrew/programming/hardwar/trunk/dependencies/enet/unix.c: In
>>> function 'enet_socket_accept':
>>> /home/andrew/programming/hardwar/trunk/dependencies/enet/unix.c:243:
>>> warning: pointer targets in passing argument 3 of 'accept' differ in
>>> signedness
>>> make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/Enet.dir/dependencies/enet/unix.o] Error 1