[ENet-discuss] Multiple peers using a single server connection

Steve Williams stevewilliams at kromestudios.com
Thu Jun 19 15:34:05 PDT 2008

With TCP connections, such as HTTP, the server is listening on port 80, but when it accepts a connection, the endpoint on the server is not port 80 any more.  It gets farmed out to a free port and the server continues listening on port 80.

With UDP, which is what ENet uses, the server listens, reads and sends packets from only the specified port.

Steve 'Sly' Williams
Lead Programmer
Krome Studios