[ENet-discuss] Not sure what's happening with larger packet

Tim Stowell stowellt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 16:03:08 PDT 2008

Hi,

Thanks for this library, I've just integrated ENet into my application, and
all has been working great except for when I try to send a larger packet. I
have a client host and server host (both on the same machine for testing)
and the client is successfully connected to the server. When the server
tries to send a packet with data amounting to around 457 k bytes to the
client peer, the client never seems to get the packet, and after about 10
seconds or so the server actually gets a ENET_EVENT_TYPE_DISCONNECT event,
even though I never send that from the client. Do I need to do anything
different with larger packets? I know ENet says it will transparently handle
splitting of larger packets so I'm not sure what is happening. Thanks for
any help.

-Tim